Woman hurt in Pangasinan blaze

MANGALDAN, Pangasinan — A woman was hurt when an apartment in Barangay Anolid here went up in smoke at about 8:40 p.m. of Nov. 5, according to the police.

Apple Mae De Vera, 24, suffered injuries in her right foot when she helped suppress the blaze before the arrival of firemen from the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) of Mangaldan

Razed to the ground was the apartment owned by Marites Murao, of Sison, Pangasinan which was being rented by Kevin Aquino, 27, of Bonuan Boquig in Dagupan City.

The blaze occurred in the second floor of the apartment caused by a neglected lighted candle that caught a window curtain which caused the blaze to spread fast.

Aquino, Mae and another unidentified woman were drinking in the ground floor of the apartment when the fire broke out.

The fire was placed under control by the BFP about 10:00 p.m. PNA