P1.8-M drugs seized from 2 female pushers in Cebu

CEBU CITY — Two big-time female pushers were arrested in separate drug bust operations here and in Talisay City on Tuesday morning.

At 7:30 a.m., joint forces from the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) caught 20-year-old Lyka Alejo in Barangay Camputhaw, this city.

Senior Police Officer 1 Neal Lavezares of the CCPO Public Information Office said one large plastic of methamphetamine hydrochloride or “shabu,” worth PHP1,180,000 was seized from Alejo, a resident of Pasay City and a native of Masbate.

Lavezares said the CCPO is now looking into the business transactions and dealings of Alejo in Cebu.

An hour earlier, combined forces from the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) also arrested 34-year-old Cherry Mae Macuto of Sitio Rattan, Barangay Tangke, Talisay City.

Macuto yielded eight medium-size packs and one small plastic of “shabu”, weighing about 52 grams and with a Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) value of PHP613,600.

Also recovered from the suspect was PHP4,590 cash believed to be proceeds from her trade, and the PHP2,000 money used in the buy bust.

Police have been monitoring the activities of Macuto for quite some time already, following reports from concerned citizens that she continued the illegal drug trade of her husband, who is currently serving time for the same offense.

Charges for violation of Republic Act No. 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, are being prepared against Alejo and Macuto, who are now under the custody of the City Drug Enforcement Unit (CDEU) and the Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB), respectively.

The Cebu City operation was conducted by the CDEU, City Intelligence Branch, Investigation and Detection Management Branch, and the City Mobile Force Company in coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency in Central Visayas.

Elements from the PIB, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit, Provincial Mobile Force Company, Regional Maneuver Force Battalion, Provincial Drug Enforcement Group, and Talisay City Police carried out the joint operation in Talisay. Luel Galarpe/PNA-northboundasia.com