Fire hits Pangasinan supermarket

BINMALEY, Pangasinan –A supermarket located just in front of the town hall here was partly damaged by a fire that raged from 5 a.m. till past 6 a.m. on Thursday.

Personnel of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), whose office is located just beside the town hall, said they rushed to Magic Supermarket in response to the fire but found its door closed.

Burned was the interior part of the supermarket where the fire reportedly started.

The BFP said the fire came from one of the freezers of Magic Supermarket which reportedly overheated as it was switched on overnight.

Magic Supermarket Binmaley is one of the chain of stores owned by the family of former Dagupan City Mayor Benjamin Lim.

Although the initial finding of local firefighters is that faulty electrical wiring caused the blaze, investigation into the incident is going on. PNA/