DEFECTIVE CHARGER CAUSES ELECTROCUTION OF MINOR GIRL

LEGAZPI CITY — Authorities have warned the public, especially minors, to be careful while charging their cellular phones.

This, after 14-year-old Judy Ann M. Ajero got electrocuted while she was conversing with her cousin using her cellular phone which she was charging at about 10 a.m. Monday at Sitio Matan, Barangay Gaongan, Sipocot, Camarines Sur.

A police report said her face accidentally got in contact with the live wire of the defective charger, causing her electrocution.

Relatives rushed Ajero to the Sipocot District Hospital for medical treatment but she was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician.

The remains of the victim now lie in state at their residence. PNA