ISULAN, Sultan Kudarat – The death toll in Sunday’s bombing incident in Isulan, Sultan Kudarat, has risen to two, a report from the Police Regional Office (PRO)-12 said.
Supt. Aldrin Gonzales, PRO-12 spokesperson, said Marialyn Luda, 15, succumbed to her wounds and died around 10:15 a.m Monday at a hospital in General Santos City.
Marialyn’s cousin, Jan Mark Luda, 19 (not 18 as earlier reported), died hours earlier in the blast that took place around 7:30 p.m. Sunday inside the Prince Internet Café situated on the corners of Valencia and Valdez Streets in Barangay Kalawag 2.
“The cousins were doing separate research works for their respective school assignments inside the internet café when the bomb went off,” Gonzales said.
Eleven other blast victims remain under observation in various hospitals in Isulan and General Santos City.
On Aug. 28, a blast also ripped through a row of second-hand clothing stalls in Barangay Kalawag 3 here as this town was in the thick of celebration for its foundation anniversary and Hamungaya Festival.
Three victims died in the Aug. 28 blast while 36 others were injured.
Gonzales said separate investigations in the two explosions are ongoing. Edwin Fernandez/PNA-northboundasia.com