KORONADAL CITY — A family of five was hospitalized at the South Cotabato provincial hospital here in what was believed to be a case of food poisoning.
Miriam Gevero, 45, a resident of Barangay Topland, Koronadal City said she and her three children and a grandchild were hospitalized after eating “bulalo” (a beef broth dish) Tuesday night.
Gevero did not identify her children aged 18, 17 and 11 and her grandchild.
She said she brought a kilo of cow’s meat at a mall here for the family’s dinner.
“We believed we were poisoned by the food we ate on Thursday night because right after eating we suffered abdominal disorders,” Gevero told DXOM-AM Radyo Bida Koronadal in Filipino.
The victims all suffered stomach ache, diarrhea and vomiting.
Gevero said her husband Rene and another child who did not take dinner were unharmed.
Doctors at the provincial hospital have taken samples from the patients for laboratory examination to determine whether or not it was a case of food poisoning. PNA-northboundasia.com