MANILA — The Armed Forces of the Philippines on Monday confirmed that four military personnel included in President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s “narco list”, are no longer connected with the AFP.
Reports coming from different units indicate that Cpl. Alfrenz Gurias Abedin, Pfc. Dalimama Ipad, Pfc. Philip Miro and CAFGU (militiaman) Casimiro Castro have been discharged from the service for sometime now, AFP public affairs office chief, Col. Edgard Arevalo, said, noting that the exact date of their discharge still has to be ascertained.
The fourth, retired Brig. Gen. Leoncio Daniega, had already died on May 8, 2010.
Records from the AFP Pensions and Gratuity Management Center showed that Daniega retired from service in December 1994 and his last known address was in Caloocan City.
“On the other hand, we are still in the process of determining the whereabouts of SSg Vic Dela Cruz and Cpl. Cusinan Lopez. The AFP is checking with other units that may have SSg Dela Cruz and Lopez in their roster,” Arevalo said.
Meanwhile, the AFP has reiterated its unwavering support for the crackdown on illegal drugs.
“We pledge our full cooperation in tracking down drug suspects and in assisting the Philippine National Police in its law enforcement operations,” AFP Chief-of-sStaff Gen. Ricardo Visaya said.
“Rest assured that we will exhaust all efforts to cleanse our ranks and ensure that a high standard of discipline and professionalism is enforced,” he added. PNA/northboundasia.com