LEGAZPI CITY — Three children died of food poisoning after eating small fish cooked with salted shrimps popularly called among Bicolanos as “balaw” and coconut vinegar Tuesday afternoon in Barangay Parang, Jose Panganiban town, Camarines Norte.
The police identified the victims as Princess Jessabel, 2; John Rommel, 5; and Mark PJ, while their father, Valentin, and mother Jessa — all surnamed Galleon — are now confined at the Camarines Norte Provincial Hospital.
The Galleon family ate the small fish caught by Valentin around 11 a.m. Tuesday at their house in Purok 5.
Three hours and 30 minutes later, the three children complained of stomachache.
At 5:30 p.m., John Rommel and Princess Jessabel were rushed to the town’s hospital due to stomach pain but died along the way.
Valentino and Mark PJ, suffering from stomach pain, were also rushed to the Camarines Norte Provincial Hospital but the boy was declared dead on arrival. PNA/northboundasia.com