2 more drug dealers killed in firefight with Bulacan cops

2 more drug dealers killed in firefight with Bulacan cops

CAMP GEN. ALEJO SANTOS, Bulacan — Two more armed drug dealers, who are both included in the target list of the Hagonoy Police Station, were killed in a firefight with lawmen during a buy bust operation in Barangay San Pablo-Sta. Elena Diversion Road, Hagonoy town early Thursday morning.

Acting Bulacan police director Senior Supt. Romeo Caramat Jr., identified the slain suspects as Ronaldo Viray alias “Onad” and Reynaldo Cruz alias “Rey Ulo”, both of legal age, residents of Barangay Mercado, Hagonoy.

Caramat said the suspects sensed the ongoing police operation and at this juncture, suspect Viray drew a Caliber .38 revolver and fired towards the poseur buyer, who is a police officer, prompting the operative to fire back against him.

The other suspect, on the other hand, ran and also fired his gun (caliber .22 magnum) towards the operatives, prompting them to return fire.

“The exchange of gunfire between the suspects and police operatives resulted to the neutralization of the two suspects. No casualty was reported on the police side,” Caramat said.

Scene of the Crime Operative of Bulacan Crime Laboratory processed the crime scene and recovered the following pieces of evidence: one Smith and Wesson Caliber .38 with serial number 000077, loaded with three live ammunition; one Astra caliber .22 Magnum with serial number 182722, loaded with five live ammunition; one fired cartridge case for caliber .22 Magnum; one plastic sachet containing suspected shabu; pack of cigarettes; one Seiko wrist watch; and PHP4,600 cash.

Meanwhile, Senior Inspector Lynelle F. Solomon, public information officer of the Bulacan Police Provincial Office, belied circulating reports that P03 Rogelio Sta. Ana committed suicide while under restricted custody of the Bulacan police following his voluntary surrender to Malolos City Mayor Christian D. Natividad who turned him over to Senior Supt. Caramat.

As early as 12 noon Wednesday, unconfirmed reports circulated in the city that Sta. Ana was killed inside the police provincial headquarters.

At 12 midnight, reports began circulating that Sta. Ana hanged himself inside the barracks of the Provincial Public Safety Company based in this camp.

Solomon said that Sta. Ana is alive and well and is still undergoing investigation on his involvement in the sales of prohibited drugs.

A member of the mobile patrol unit of the Malolos City police station, Sta. Ana decided to surrender to Mayor Natividad for “fear of his life” after his buddy, P03 Michael Manalad was found dead with gunshot wounds while still wearing a police uniform in Barangay Ubihan Meycauayan City last week.

“I think that he (Sta,. Ana) will not leave this camp at this time. He feels safe while under the restricted custody of the Bulacan police. We would like to appeal to the public not to believe rumors and baseless information concerning his voluntary surrender,” she said. PNA/northboundasia.com