Cops tracking down another Bulacan massacre suspect

CITY OF SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, Bulacan — Police are still tracking the other person of interest (POI) in the killings last month of five members of a family inside their house in Northridge Royal Subdivision, Barangay Sto. Cristo here.

This, despite forensic evidence has already pinned down construction worker Carmelino Ibanez alias “Miling” as the prime suspect in the murder of the members of Carlos family.

Supt. Fritz Macariola, San Jose Del Monte City police chief, said that he is talking to the family of another witness to convince and coordinate with them in identifying the participation of other suspects.

“We are still making follow-up investigation since the forensic examinations also showed that two weapons were used in the multiple murder case,” he said.

Based on the DNA tests conducted by the Bulacan PNP-Crime laboratory technicians, only the four victims Auring, Estrella, Ella and Dexter Jr. matched the DNA profile from the recovered murder weapon, meaning that another knife was used to kill victim Donni that also showed that two or more perpetrators did the crime, Macariola said.

“The case is not yet closed. The investigation is still ongoing and we are talking with other witness to pin down the other suspects,” Macariola added.

Bulacan PNP acting provincial director Sr. Supt. Romeo Caramat Jr. on Friday released the forensic DNA test result which showed Ibanez raped Estrella.

The four other “persons of interest” (POIs) were all negative from the DNA test found at the crime scene but Caramat said it does not mean they are did not take part in the crime.

Ibanez, in his admission regarding his participation on the gruesome killing, mentioned alias “Inggo” (Rolando Pacinos) and alias “Tony” (Anthony Garcia) as his cohorts in perpetrating said crime.

The two other POIs Roosevelt Serema alias “Ponga” and Alvin Mabesa were mentioned by confidential informants.

Pacinos, Serema and Garcia were found dead one after the other recently.

Meanwhile, City Mayor Arthur Robes of San Jose Del Monte commended Caramat and Macariola and the Bulacan PNP for the speedy resolution of the said case following the result of the DNA test that pinned down Ibanez as one of the prime suspects.

He said that the arrest of Ibanez has strengthened the confidence of the people of San Jose Del Monte’s on the police’s capability in swiftly resolving heinous crimes.

Robes also ordered the immediate release of the PHP100,000 cash reward he offered for the immediate arrest of the massacre suspects. Emil Gamos/PNA-northboundasia.com