‘Bato’ says gov’t gaining ground in war against illegal drugs

‘Bato’ says gov’t gaining ground in war against illegal drugs

MANILA — The government is gaining ground against the illegal drugs trade despite some problems, Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa said Monday.

He attributes to the fact that many streets in Metro Manila can now be considered safe by ordinary people compared to last year.

Dela Rosa added the anti-drug war can be considered a failure if the public still feels unsafe despite its implementation.

“If they don’t (feel safe) then the failure is on us,” the PNP chief stressed.

As of this posting, the PNP has recorded a total of 3,200 suspected drug suspects killed in 63,926 anti-drug operations while another 86,933 have been arrested for narcotics-related cases.

It also reported 1,308,078 drugs users surrendered to authorities. Priam Nepomuceno/PNA-northboundasia.com