MANILA — The Sandiganbayan on Friday again allowed detained former Senator Ramon “Bong” Revilla, Jr. to visit his ailing father former Senator Ramon Revilla, Sr.
Citing “humanitarian consideration”, the Sandiganbayan First Division “partially” granted Revilla’s motion.
The former senator on Thursday sought the permission of the Sandiganbayan to allow him to visit his father on June 19, 2017 from 6 a.m. to 12 noon and on June 20, 2017 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Revilla’s father is set to undergo treatment for his heart ailment.
Revilla said that his father would undergo “Percutaneous Mitral Clip” on June 19, 2017.
In his motion, the younger Revilla told the anti-graft court that his 90-year-old father was once again confined at the St. Luke’s Medical Center (SLMC) in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, where he is being “treated for Valvular Heart Disease, Severe Mitral Regurgitation, Congestive Heart Failure, and NYHA FC II.”
The Sandiganbayan partially granted Revilla’s motion, allowing him to visit his father “but for shorter periods than the period sought” or on June 19, 2017 from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and June 20, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Likewise, the anti-graft court set some conditions for Revilla’s furlough.
These conditions are the former senator will only be transported to the SLMC and to no other place not earlier than one hour before the set time.
At the same time, Revilla should be brought back to his detention cell at the Philippine National Police (PNP) Custodial Center in Camp Crame, Quezon City not later than the set time.
The Sandiganbayan also ordered PNP chief Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa to provide personal escorts and security measures for the former senator.
The anti-graft court also prohibited the use of communication and electronic gadgets, as well as media interviews.
The Sandiganbayan had previously allowed Revilla to visit his father several times.
These were on Dec. 16, 28 and 29, 2016; and on Feb. 7, 2017 and March 18, 2017.
The detained former senator is facing plunder and graft charges for allegedly pocketing Php 224.5 million in “kickbacks” from his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) which was allegedly channeled through fake non-governmental organizations (NGOS) purportedly owned by businesswoman Janet Lim Napoles.
Napoles is the alleged “brains” behind the Php 10-billion pork barrel and the Php 900-million Malampaya Fund scams. PERFECTO RAYMUNDO/PNA – northboundasia.com