16,253 drug pushers, users have surrendered so far in Pangasinan

16,253 drug pushers, users have surrendered so far in Pangasinan

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — A total of 16,253 pushers and users surrendered and 682 others were arrested by the Pangasinan Police Provincial Office since “Oplan Double Barrel” was effected in Pangasinan last July 1.

This was bared by Senior Supt. Ronald Lee, PPPO officer-in-charge, to highlight the accomplishments of his office for the past 100 days under the administration of President Rodrigo R. Duterte.

He said that of the 16,253 men and women who surrendered, 2,054 were pushers and 14,199 were users.

Those arrested in 596 operations conducted by the police in 44 towns and four cities of Pangasinan included 596 pushers and 66 users.

Lee said the 596 police operations included the serving of 159 search warrants, 369 separate buy-bust operations, and those conducted through Operations “Sita” as well as through police responses and checkpoints.

The police listed five persons were killed in armed encounters with policemen and more than 100 others whose deaths were under investigation.

Lee cited the death of the barangay captain of Tayambani of San Carlos City, a high-value target of the police and a suspected leader of a gun-for-hire group, who was killed when he fought it out with the police who were serving a search warrant at his residence.

He described the campaign against illegal drugs in Pangasinan as “very successful” considering the big number of drug pushers and users who have surrendered and the number of people involved in illegal drugs who were arrested. PNA-northboundasia.com