KIDAPAWAN CITY, Sept. 7 (PNA) – Police and military forces in North Cotabato arrested Tuesday dawn a man believed to be a member of a bomb mercenary group operating in Central Mindanao region.
Senior Supt. Emmanuel Peralta, North Cotabato police office, said Wednesday the raid by joint police and 7th Infnatry Battalion troopers was conducted at 4 a.m. in Barangay Inas, Mlang, North Cotabato and led to the arrest of Jokrie Andong Buisan.
Peralta said the raiding team was looking for Guiamadel Sandigan and his brother Anwar Sandigan based on an arrest warrant for violation of Republic Act 10591 and RA 9516 or illegal possession of explosives.
Both suspects managed to elude arrest as they were already out of their homes in Barangay Dungguan and Barangay Inas, both in Mlang, when government forces arrived.
However, Peralta said Buisan was found in the house of Anwar Sandigan while holding a live fragmentation grenade.
Peralta said the raid was conducted in the presence of Jose Sagadan Sr, chairperson of Barangay Dungguan.
Seized from the houses of the suspects were one M-67 fragmentation grenade, bomb making materials like blasting caps, detonating cord, Nokia mobile phone, batteries, two motorcycles with questionable registration, a home-made Uzi sub-machinegun.
Peralta said manhunt is still on going against the Sandigan siblings while Buisan was brought to Mlang police lock up cell for tactical interrogation.
Police and military authorities could not say if Buisan or the Sandigan siblings were involved in bombing incidents in Mlang and Kabacan, both in North Cotabato, last year. Edwin Fernandez and John Andrew Tabugoc/PNAnorthboundasia.com