President Duterte to name 27 local officials linked to illegal drugs — Palace

MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte will reveal “soon” the names of at least 27 local executives allegedly involved in illegal drug activities, Presidential spokesperson Ernesto Abella said on Tuesday.

”Until now, talaga nasa kaniya iyong listahan. Pero hindi na po tatagal at ire-report na rin po niya sa publiko (The President has the list and will soon announce it to the public),” Abella said in a television interview.

Abella refused to provide further details but said: “You’ll find it very interesting after his report. Hintayin na lang po natin iyong report ni Presidente (We just have to wait for the President’s announcement).”

Earlier, presidential legal counsel Salvador Panelo told mediamen in Malacanang that the list is composed of 27 local executives provided by the government intelligence group.

”My God, you will be shocked,” Panelo said.

Panelo said President Duterte might identify the local executives either Tuesday night or Wednesday.

Much like the five generals named by the President early last month, Panelo said the local executives will also be investigated.

The five generals identified by the President include: PNP Deputy Director General Marcelo Garbo Jr.; former National Capital Region Police Office chief, Director Joel Pagdilao; Western Visayas regional director, Chief Superintendent Bernardo Diaz; Quezon City Police District director, Chief Superintendent Edgardo Tinio; and retired police general Vicente “Vic” Loot. PNA/northboundasia.com