9 people dead in Munich shooting

9 people dead in Munich shooting

BERLIN — The number of the people died in a shootout in a Munich’s shopping mall rose to nine, according to the latest update Munich police announced on their Twitter account Friday evening.

After the police firstly announced eight fatal casualties on Twitter, they updated with another Tweet, saying that the police is verifying the possibility of another dead person they had found “being involved in the shooting”.

In addition, the policed confirmed “several injured, whose number is not yet known yet” in a latest press release.

At the moment, no perpetrator could be arrested. The search for them is running at full speed, said the police.

A spokesman of Munich police said Friday evening that the investigators assume three perpetrators, for whom the police is searching in the whole urban area of Munich.

However, the spokesman could not confirm rumors about the alleged death of a perpetrator.

The police called the shootout as an “acute terror situation” in Munich, as German news television N-TV reported earlier, citing an official announcement of Munich police.

Due to the still unclear situation, the police asked all people in Munich’s urban area to stay at home or to search protection in nearby buildings.

The operation of the public transport system in Munich is currently suspended, according to the press release.

Munich police reported earlier that they were carrying out a large-scale operation in a Munich shopping center due to a shootout.PNA/Xinhua/northboundasia.com