MANILA — Are you too busy to join your friends in “balik alindog program”? Are you a plain housewife with 3 kids? Whatever situation you’re currently into, indoor exercises will definitely work for you.
Save time and money without setting aside your health and physique.
Here are 10 simple yet effective indoor exercises that almost anyone can do:
1. Weight training – While people usually use dumbbells, did you know that water bottles can also be used for weight training? You can add the weight if you feel there’s a need for it.
2. Squat – Squats, like the other forms of exercises, can be done in any part of the house.
3. Dance – Whatever your favorite genre is, whether it’s hip hop, jazz, pop, etc., you can dance for an hour or two at home. All you have to do is bring out your stereo and play your favorite songs. Also, there are many dance videos available in the market, but if you want absolutely free dance videos, there are a lot of them in YouTube.
4. Jumping Rope – If you think that the jumping rope is only for those in elementary, then you’re wrong. In fact, some men these days use jumping rope in their routine exercise. It’s good for the cardio, too.
5. Yoga – Breathe in. Breathe out. Relax and recharge at the comfort of your own home by doing yoga exercises. Proper breathing and posture can be learned and can be attained without spending money to enroll in yoga classes. Just surf the net and there are very simple steps and illustrations you may follow.
6. Push up – Find a spot where you are most comfortable. A classic form of exercise, push up is known to shape one’s tummy, too.
7. Jumping Jack – It looks simple but it’s a good form of exercise. I assume that jumping jack has always been part of your P.E. exercises when you were still a student.
8. Inline Skating – Skating is equivalent to walking. The difference is that you put less strain on your body. Thus, it helps you to have fun while doing the exercise. Experts say that if you feel you can’t balance or cannot carry your weight, discontinue this exercise. Replace this instead with walking or cycling. Continue this activity only after losing weight a few pounds.
9. Lunges – Lunges are good for butt reduction and hip slimming. Another good news is that there are many ways to perform this, but the often recommended is the “drop down knee version”. These are the steps:
* Hold two barbells (One in each hand).
* Stand straight and keep your feet apart (around three feet distance)
* Once you are ready, bend knees to 90 degree angle. While doing this, drag your left knee towards the floor.
* Go back to the starting position through pushing the right heel. Repeat with the right knee down.
* Do these steps for 10-15 minutes.
10. Hip raise – This is good for the glutes. Moreover, this exercise focuses on muscles of the rear end, which can eventually flatten your belly.
Just lie on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat. Brace your core, squeeze your glutes then raise your hips. Pause for three to five seconds while squeezing your glutes tightly. Lower your back then repeat the process.
Sweating and keeping yourselves fit doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money. Also, no matter how busy you are, you can always find ways to maximize your time. Ma. Cristina Arayata/PNA/northboundasia.com